Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Maternity Portraits

One of my very favorite types of sessions are maternity portrait sessions. I love the thrill of capturing the strength and beauty of a woman while she's pregnant. It's such an amazing time and while it seems like those 9 months are going to last forever (trust me, I remember those days of wishing I could hand my aching belly off to my husband to carry around for a few hours ;) ), the memory of what your body looked like while pregnant fades so fast after your newborn arrives.

For me, it's important to capture your pregnancy from your point of view, in addition to more traditional captures. My favorite image to capture is one from over your shoulder. It's how you see yourself every day and it's a wonderful, personal keepsake. Following are a few of my all time favorite maternity portraits. If you would like to view more of my maternity work, please visit my maternity gallery at http://www.lamccoyphotography.com

Thank you to all the wonderful families that have allowed me to have the honor of capturing this special time in your lives!


No comments: