Monday, September 15, 2008

"Keep me. Protect me. Share me. And I will live forever."


I guess it goes without saying that I love old pictures. Especially old snapshots. This is one of my favorites of my great grandparents. I love the story this picture tells. The way she's leaning on to him, the way he he's sitting "criss cross applesauce". Knowing that their short lives were filled with a lot of very hard work and eventually eight kids, I imagine that there weren't many lazy afternoon moments like this. I'm glad that someone took the time to pick up a camera and capture this moment so that 60+ years after their deaths, I'm able to look at this picture and share a moment in their lives.

And because it go along so well with this post, I wanted to share my all time favorite commercial. Enjoy!

No comments: